This page will show recent comments made to posts in the forum and elsewhere.

The web interface does not allow disabling openid and emailauth plugins because that's probaly how the admin logs in and they could lock themselves out making that change.

Branchable admins can do it, so the procedure is:

1. Create an account using password authentication.
  2. Change site configuration so that account is one of the admins.
  3. Contact us to make the change.

I see you already had done #1 and #2 for guppy.branchable.com, so I've disabled openid and emailauth for that site.

Posted Sat Mar 18 16:43:00 2017
Posted Sun Jan 29 18:17:53 2017

Yes, if someone can see your email, they can login as you. The login emails do have some safeguards:

• A login link can only be used once, so if you've used it, and were successfully logged in, you know noone else also used it.
  • A login link expires after 1 day.
  • Only the most recently emailed login link can be used to log in.

This should make it secure enough for casual users editing a wiki or commenting. In some cases, it's not the best choice for logging in as a site's administrator, and you can keep the administrator logins limited to openid if necessary.

Encrypting the login email with gpg is a good idea, but would have to be implemented in ikiwiki ... and you would have to paste in their gpg public key so it knew who to encrypt to.

Posted Tue Nov 29 21:39:01 2016
Thanks a lot, it is a very useful feature, that I just used. But I wonder... anybody eavesdropping on the network can get the login links. Would it make sense to send them gpg-encrypted ? (provided of course that the user adds a key ID in the setup.)
Posted Sat Nov 26 10:36:31 2016
I see. I guess, I'll have to respect your position and see if I can figure something out. I have opened an issue over at the plugins repo, to see what they think about either of your suggestions.
Posted Sun Nov 20 22:16:00 2016

That's right, you'd need to ask Debian to get it packaged (or package it yourself and get that package into Debian).

Alternatively, it might make sense to add the plugin to Ikiwiki, and as long as its dependecies are available in Debian (which Pandoc is), it could then be enabled on Branchable.

This may seem a roundabout way to get Branchable to support something, but many people can add packages to Debian, and anyone can submit patches to Ikiwiki to add plugins, while only a few people administer Branchable.

Posted Sun Nov 20 17:33:26 2016
As far as I can tell it should be possible to package the plugin for debian, although I'm but a user, that is not very familiar with debian. Are you trying to say I should either try to pack this plugin myself or get someone to do it?
Posted Fri Nov 18 20:56:55 2016

Branchable is built on Debian. If the plugin can get packaged and included in Debian, we can easily enable it on Branchable.

Posted Fri Nov 18 14:48:39 2016
I see. I might have been confused about the various login methods. I thought I had associated my email with a username and a password and tried to login using that.
Posted Sat Nov 12 10:24:59 2016

As far as I can see, the site is set up correctly. Your gmail address is configured as the admin. I have rebuilt the site just in case.

Posted Fri Nov 11 18:33:23 2016